This Sunday, December 8, 2019, 10:30 am — On the second Sunday of Advent, our theme will be Peace. We will hear more of the story of Elizabeth and Zechariah as they await the birth of their miracle child, John (Luke 1:18-25), and wonder how times of silence and solitude connect to our work for greater justice and peace. The choir will sing “A Shoot Shall Come Forth” – Ian
“Peace can’t be known except in the words of its making, a grammar of justice, a syntax of mutual aid” – Denise Levertov
Christmas at Mill Woods United, 2019
- December 8, Sun: Advent Two, Peace, 10:30 am
- December 15, Sun: Advent Three, Joy, 10:30 am – “White Gift Sunday“
- December 20, Fri: Family Christmas carolling and trivia evening, 7 pm
- December 22, Sun; Advent Four, Love, 10:30 am
- December 24, Tue: Christmas Eve carols, 7 pm
- December 24, Tue: Christmas Eve communion, 10 pm
- December 29, Sun: Coffee, conversation, and carols with time for story telling and sharing, 10:30 am
Mill Woods United Church is a spiritual community in southeast Edmonton in which you can explore your purpose and place. We seek to grow in love by following the Way of Jesus. If you are looking for companions on the challenging and joyous paths of love, please consider joining us.
We gather each Sunday to remember our sacred values, to reflect on how to make them real in our actions, and to renew our spirits and souls. We work with others every day of the week to care for our community and the world. If you hope to find more meaning in your life, please consider reaching out with us.
Spiritual gatherings, deep conversations, and the struggle for equality and peace — these are some of the ways in which we respond to the call of the God who is Love. If you are seeking to explore your purpose and place, please do consider making a difference with us.
“Join In, Reach Out, Make a Difference!”
We acknowledge the land on which we gather. Mill Woods is the ancestral land of Treaty Six First Nations. All of us are Treaty people, for which we give thanks.