- “What to Expect When You’re Expecting“– Text of November 28th Reflection
- November 28, 2021 — video of Sunday service
- September 1, 2021 — COVID-19 re-opening plan for fall — church building open to all who are doubly vaccinated, medically exempt from vaccination, or under the age of 12
This Sunday, December 5, 10:30 am: LIVESTREAM and IN-PERSON: We will celebrate Peace on the second Sunday in Advent with a reflection on a story about waiting in silence (Luke 1:18-25). The choir will sing “United in Christ” (in person!) * Order of service (PDF)
“On a pilgrimage, we commit to live in the threshold, a liminal place of not knowing. I believe it is a place of possibility” – Christine Valters Paintner
Join us in person (preferred, if you are vaccinated!) or via the church’s Facebook site. If you don’t subscribe to Facebook, a video of the service will be available via this website and on our YouTube channel later on Sunday.
Advent and Christmas at MWUC 2021
- December 5: Advent 2 – Peace
- December 12: Advent 3 – Joy
- December 19: Advent 4 – Love
- December 20: Monday, 6:30 pm, Together at Christmas
- December 21: Tuesday: 7 pm: Longest Night Service
- December 24: Friday, 4:30 pm, a brief outdoor service!
- December 24: Friday: 7 pm, Christmas Eve Carol Service
- December 26: First Sunday after Christmas
All services are on Sundays at 10:30 am unless otherwise noted.
Mill Woods United Church is a spiritual community in southeast Edmonton Alberta where you can explore your purpose and place. We seek to grow in love by following the Way of Jesus. If you are looking for companions on the challenging and joyous paths of love, please consider joining us.
We gather on Sunday mornings to remember our sacred values, to reflect on how to make them real in our actions, and to renew our spirits and souls. Every day of the week, we work with others to care for our community and the world. If you hope to find more meaning in your life, please consider reaching out with us.
Spiritual gatherings, deep conversations, and the struggle for equality and peace — these are some of the ways in which we respond to the call of the God who is Love. If you are seeking to explore your purpose and place, please do consider making a difference with us.
“Join In, Reach Out, Make a Difference!”
We acknowledge the land on which we gather. Mill Woods is the ancestral land of Treaty Six First Nations. All of us are Treaty people, for which we give thanks.