Thursday July 02, 2020
As we head into the summer months, we would like to share the following plans. While we continue to face some uncertainty, it is important that we look forward. A further, more detailed update of our plans will be shared again in early August 2020.
What we know today
- Summer Sunday worship services will be livestreamed ONLY each Sunday during July and August at 10:30 am. These can be accessed live on Facebook or following the service on the church website. The one exception is Sunday August 2, 2020 when there will be no service.
- The church building will continue to be closed over the summer. However, staff will be working during this time. Once again, we ask people not to come to the church unless completely necessary. In these situations, please call ahead at 780-463-2202 and follow these expectations when you arrive:
- Ensure that you
- Are not experiencing the symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat)
- Have not travelled internationally in the last 14 days
- Have not had close contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- And please
- Sign-in on the sign-in sheet indicating your name, phone number, and date and time of arrival and leaving. This is to enable contact tracing if ever required.
- Use hand-sanitizer upon arrival and when leaving
- Maintain a physical distance of at least six feet or two metres at all times
- With the exception of 4Point Taekwondo who will be using the basement area only, there will be no use of the church by internal or external user groups during July and August. This will allow us to plan a safe and orderly re-entry for September.
- Beginning September 1, 2020, the Church Building will be open during the week. The expectations outlined above will continue.
- Beginning Sunday September 6, 2020, you will be able to participate in Worship Services either in the church building or livestreamed on Facebook at 10:30 am. There will be certain health and safety conditions in place which we will share beginning in August 2020.
Please keep in mind these plans are tentative and dependent upon a number of external factors and Government of Alberta guidelines.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the church at 780-463-2202.
We wish you a wonderful summer where you can nurture those things that bring you joy, peace and happiness.
Rob McPhee, Council Chairperson