Based upon the latest Health and Safety information from the Government of Alberta, we share the following update regarding our plans and operations at Mill Woods United Church for the remainder of January 2021.
For the period of January 13 to 31, 2021
- We will hold live streamed Sunday worship only on January 17, 24 and 31, 2021, with a minimal number of people in the church required to make this happen.
- Children’s program resources will continue to be sent to families with young children on a weekly basis.
- Our staff will work partially in the church building and partially from home, ensuring operational effectiveness as required.
- Food Bank pick-up on Tuesdays and Bread Run programming on Saturday mornings will continue using protocols presently in place.
- Our Clothing Bank will be closed.
- There will be no in-building Council meetings, choir practices, committee meetings, study groups, social events, or non-essential maintenance planned.
- There will be no be no rental and outside group programming in the building.
- Everyone is asked to refrain from going into the church building except for essential needs and services. In all cases, please contact the church at 780-463-2202 prior to arriving to ensure staff is in the building to assist you.
- Those entering the church building will be required to sign in, wear a protective face covering, maintain a physical distance of two metres, and sanitize hands upon entering and leaving.
Our Church Council is meeting on Tuesday January 26, 2021, and based upon further Alberta Governments updates will make plans for the period of time beginning February 1, 2021. This information will be shared following our Council meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact the church office at 780-463-2202 or me at 780-974-4167. Thank you. Rob McPhee