As co-chairs of your church Council, Carla Janzen and Rob McPhee share this invitation with all members of the Mill Woods United Church community.
The opportunity to talk about and generate ideas about the future of something very important to each of us — Mill Woods United Church.
- by reading the book Making a Difference — By Doing It Differently by Clair Woodbury and Joyce Madsen. The book will be provided and takes about two hours total to read
- By joining in, willingly sharing your ideas, and listening to the ideas of others at one, a few or all of the informal discussion and idea generating gatherings outlined below
The Discussion and Idea Generating gatherings will each be held on the main floor of the church from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm on the following dates:
- Monday April 09: Our Purpose: The guiding light that gives us focus and fills us with energy
- Monday April 16: Being Community: The gifts of being part of a community
- Monday April 23: Sharing the Message: The messages which encourage others to join with us
- Monday April 30: Living Hospitality: The ways we truly welcome and care for people
- Monday May 06: Encouraging Leadership: The authentic leadership within each of us
We will facilitate each of these gatherings ourselves and will use the ideas generated to guide our work together over the next year.
If you would like to read the book and join our gatherings, or get more information please contact Rob McPhee at email@example.com or 780-462-3718.
It would be wonderful to have you join us.