Pandemic plan for the period May 5, 2021 to May 25, 2021
As a result of the latest restrictions put in place by the provincial government, we are making the following changes to our church operations. A great deal of thought went into this decision as we weighed issues of safety, need for community, nurturing our spiritual needs, being responsible members of society and balancing the various ways we show care to each other. Our hope is that this three-week period will begin to form the basis for greater healing, leading us once again to come together later in the month.
If you have any questions, please talk to any member of council or contact me at 780-974-8267 or email me at email@example.com Thank you. Carol Hickmann
- Sunday morning in-building worship will be discontinued.
- Live streamed worship each Sunday will continue with a minimal number of people in the church required to make this happen. This includes our Minister, musicians, singers and those who manage the live streaming.
- Children’s programming will continue on-line as is presently in place on a weekly basis.
- Food Bank pick-up on Tuesdays and Bread Run programming on Saturday morning will continue using strict protocols presently in place.
- Our Clothing Bank will be open by appointment only on Tuesday afternoons following established protocols.
- There will be no in-building Council meetings, choir practices, committee meetings, study groups, social events, or any new non-essential maintenance planned for this period of time.
- There will be no be no rental and outside group programming in the building during time with the exception of the Jesus Satsang Healing Ministry who will continue to hold worship services following provincial directions.
- Our staff will work from home except where a physical presence for operational effectiveness is required. *
- Everyone is asked to refrain from going into the church building except for essential needs and services. In all cases, please contact the church at 780-463-2202 prior to arriving to ensure staff is in the building to assist you.
- Those entering the church building will be required to sign in, wear a protective face covering, maintain a physical distance of two metres, and sanitize hands upon entering and leaving.
* While components of our daily work can be done remotely, physical presence for operational effectiveness is required for the following:
- Building security and regular cleaning
- Live streaming of worship on Sunday’s
- Cheque writing; bill payment; dealing with mail, cash receipts, pledges, financial contributions; and other deliveries
- Receiving deliveries for Food Bank and Bread Run
- Providing assistance to the various local benevolent needs that arise
- Our church administrator and our minister will determine on an ongoing basis how much of the above work requires them being in the building and how much of it can be done from home. Custodial and security coverage will be determined by our Church Administrator and Custodian.
The following guiding principles and provincial guidelines were used to create this update
Throughout this entire pandemic the following key considerations have directed all our actions.
- Ensuring the health and safety of all staff, volunteers and members of our church community
- Nurturing the spiritual needs of members of our church community
- Continuing efforts to keep regular contacts and connections within our church community
- Ensuring physical distancing and abiding by maximum group guidelines as established by government
- Providing a safe and clean environment for whatever occurs within our building
Relevant Provincial Guidelines Effective May 5, 2021
- Working from home is mandatory unless the employer requires a physical presence for operational effectiveness.
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public places and workplaces
- Faith services limited to 15 people
- Physical distancing between households must be maintained
- Masks are mandatory
- Group performance activities, such as choir singing and playing music, are permitted if they are normal worship practices and not for the purpose of entertainment. Performers must wear masks at all times.
- All outside social gatherings must be limited to no more than five people.
- All indoor social gatherings are still prohibited.