For past events, check out Mill Woods Highlights . . .
June 24 — Coffee Time on the Church Lawn
We had so much fun on June 9 with Coffee Time on the Church Lawn, that Jennifer has organized a second one. Thanks Jennifer. We hope to see a lot of you then.
When: Thursday June 24, 2021, from 10:30 to 11:30 AM
What to Bring: Your own coffee (or whatever), lawn chair, and a bit of gossip
How: We will spread ourselves out in circles of less than 10 people on the church lawn, enjoy our drinks, and have great conversation with friends.
See you then! The sun will shine!
Any questions, please call Jennifer at 587-990-1061.
June 19 — ‘A Guess Who’s Coming to Barbecue’
WHEN: SATURDAY JUNE 19, 2021: 6:00 PM (Yes, we are back to one date only based upon timing of provincial reopening!)
SO, WHAT IS THIS?
- Several small outdoor barbecues of eight people each
- Hosts will offer up their backyard and barbecue
- Guests will join each backyard gathering
- Hosts will receive ‘surprise’ guests and guests will be led to ‘surprise’ hosts
- What to bring: Everyone will bring their own lawn chairs, dishes, cutlery and whatever you wish to eat and drink (appetizers, drinks, mains, something to BBQ, and dessert)
- While you sit in your own chairs and eat and drink our own menu of goods, together you can enjoy the company of a small group of friends
SO, you would like to join us. WONDERFUL.
- We have several people who have volunteered to host – thank you!
- We need guests – your role is outlined above
- To be a guest, please contact Jennifer at email@example.com or at
587-990-1061 by Monday June 14, 2021, letting us know how many will be coming and your phone number
- We will then set up the barbecues with up to eight people at each
- Guests will be called between 4:00 and 4:30 pm on Saturday June 19 and given the address of their host
- Hosts will expect their surprise guests at 6:00 pm the same day.
This event of for everyone – young, older, and in-between!
We hope this can be a fun and safe beginning of bringing people back together.
Any questions – let Jennifer or Rob McPhee know (587-990-1061 or 780-974-4167)