We are past the mid-way point of our summertime and hoping that each of you is having time to do those summer things that are special to you.
As we look towards September, we are excited as we anticipate more opportunities to see many of you who we have missed over the past several months.
Below is an outline of our plans beginning September 1, 2020
- Our staff will be back in the church building working regular hours. You are welcomed to call or drop by the church as necessary. We continue to ask that you ensure you are healthy and follow these guidelines when coming into the church:
- Sign-in on the sign-in sheet indicating your name, phone number, and date and time of arrival and leaving. This is to enable contact tracing if ever required.
- Use hand-sanitizer upon arrival and when leaving
- Maintain a physical distance of at least six feet or two meters at all times
- Wear a face covering which covers the nose, mouth and chin when in the building, except when engaging in a physical activity (City Bylaw 19408)
- Beginning Sunday September 6, 2020 at 10:30 am we will be holding worship services both within the church building and live streamed on Facebook.
- However, when you come to Sunday worship things will look a bit different. These differences include:
- A maximum of 50-55 people can be accommodated based upon physical distancing of six feet or two meters. We hope to be able to accommodate everyone who comes, but we must work within government guidelines.
- Once we reach this maximum, we will ask people to access the live-stream service outside of the church or from their homes.
- Greeters will be at the front entrance of the church and will ask you to ensure you
- Are not experiencing the symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat)
- Have not travelled internationally in the last 14 days
- Have not had close contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- The greeters will then request your name and phone number and either check your name off on a pre-established list or place this information on the sign-in sheet for that service
- Following this we ask you to
- Use the hand-sanitizers that are provided, and
- Maintain a physical distance of at least six feet or two metres at all times
- A face covering which covers the nose, mouth and chin is required for everyone over the age of two years, while in the building.(City Bylaw 19408). There will be masks available if required.
- Once you enter the sanctuary, please find a chair and sit down and remain in your seat for the duration of their stay, understanding the need to get up use washroom as needed. Visiting should be done while remaining in chairs.
- Card tables will be reserved for family groupings or people within the same social bubble.
- There will be no printed Weekly Bulletin or Morning Messenger. All announcements and Order of Service will be included on the PowerPoint and viewed on the TVs. The “Who’s Here in the Chair” forms will not be passed around as this information will be collected upon entry.
- There will be no coffee or food services provided. People are asked not to bring any drinks or food items, unless required for small children.
- Unfortunately, we will not be offering in-building children’s programming. However, Georgia will continue to provide online lessons and opportunities for virtual get-togethers. Parents are welcomed to bring their children and a portion of the service will continue to be focused on children.
- The offering plate will be located at the back of the church so that those wishing to make a weekly donation can place their donation in the plate either before or after the service. We encouraged you to use either PAR or electronic transfers if possible. Contact 780-463-2202 for more information.
- Congregational singing is a high-risk spreader and will not be part of our services when we start in the fall. There will however continue to be great instrumental and soloist music.
- As a result of a number of groups using the church building, enhanced and more regular cleaning will be in place for September.
- A separate communication is being sent out to all our church groups and external user groups outlining the processes needed to begin programming again in September 2020.
As we move through the fall and winter months our Church Council will be reviewing all these expectations and modifying them as needed. Any thoughts or ideas you have are welcomed.
We do look forward to a new beginning as we come together in September. It will be wonderful seeing you.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the church at 780-463-2202.